Sunday, May 1, 2011

REAL LIFE STORIES- By Chewe Stephen



“Who do you think is your mother?” was the question I asked Peninah (not her real name).

She replied, “I am also confused because my biological mother lives in Glasgow. She is married to my white British step father. She came for holiday for a year and had an affair with my biological father who is black.”  She went on to say that she was about to be aborted because the mother wanted to keep the marriage and her mother left her when she was three.

Imagine as you read this being left at three months and you parent wanting to abort you. What comes into my mind is Luke 1:35-37 which states that “and the angel said to her in reply. The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most High will over shadow you.  Therefore, the child to be born will be called holy, the son of God...for nothing will be impossible for god”.

“After I get rich who will come to me and ask for things?” she asked to which I responded that I did not know. “But I suppose people who have been close to you.”

People are wounded in their lives. When you are in class or project as a Brother does your teaching make your students share their lives with you? How much do we know ourselves and our students? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Search This Blog